Monday, May 08, 2006

Raman's Love Trap

I was just thinking ... Raman's Love Trap Susheela Raman, a British vocalist of Indian Origin, gave a concert in Addis some two years ago. It was one of the best concerts that I had attended to. But I didn't know her CD was in the market in Addis till I came across it last week in Irie music shop. Well, I bought the CD and I should say I was pleasantly surprised. Love Trap, the title song and the pinnacle of the recording is a jazzy rendering of Mohammud Ahmed's 'yefikir wotmed' . He must have been flattered. And one of the line of the lyrics expresses 'I don't care what other say but I just want to make love to you' message. Don't you think this is an indication of Ethiopian influence? After all, this what-will-they-say mentality is prevalent in our society. There are some other ten songs with all kinds of sounds and instruments and Raman delivers on inspiring performance in all the tunes. Most of them are in her native Indian, which reminded one of the Indian films I had watched as a child.Give her a try,if you haven't so far.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

is not she Australian?

5/08/2006 05:56:00 AM  
Blogger I was just thinking... said...

Hi, i just checked her profile in google,all it says is she was born in the U.K, and has moved to Australia when she was young.Probably you're right.

5/08/2006 06:46:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

from indian parents.Apparently, she knows hindi

5/24/2006 05:24:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who can help me with .httpaccess ?
where i can fined full information about .httpaccess file syntaxis?

2/06/2007 03:24:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home